I'm making an effort to update my blog on a regular basis. The whole "blog thing" is so out of character for me. I've always been the kind of person that doesn't like a paper trail. I'm the one that responds to an email by picking up the phone and calling you. It's so much easier for me to express myself verbally. I'm hoping this blogging experience will help me with my written communication skills.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day by day, things are getting back to normal here in Houston. The same can't be said about Galveston and many of the coastal communities here in Texas. They were devastated by the storm surge and hurricane force winds. It's surreal to look at pictures of the damage knowing that I was there a short time ago enjoying a boardwalk that doesn't exist anymore.
Houstonians can actually buy food and gas now; something that wasn't possible for days following hurricane Ike. There are still approx. 600,000 people without power. You never know how much you depend on electricity until you loose it; especially here in the Houston heat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day by day, things are getting back to normal here in Houston. The same can't be said about Galveston and many of the coastal communities here in Texas. They were devastated by the storm surge and hurricane force winds. It's surreal to look at pictures of the damage knowing that I was there a short time ago enjoying a boardwalk that doesn't exist anymore.
Houstonians can actually buy food and gas now; something that wasn't possible for days following hurricane Ike. There are still approx. 600,000 people without power. You never know how much you depend on electricity until you loose it; especially here in the Houston heat.

No comments:
Post a Comment